Complaint Resolution Timeline
- Upon submission of your complaint, it will be entered into the Attorney General’s complaint tracking system and will be assigned a complaint number and an investigator.
- Within five business days of the submission of your complaint, you should receive a postcard in the mail acknowledging receipt of your complaint and providing a complaint number for your records.
- Within five business days of the entry of your complaint into our complaint tracking system, an investigator from our office will send a copy of your complaint to the business you complained about if mediation is appropriate or will provide you with information about other avenues available to you.
- We request that the business respond to your complaint within 10 business days of their receipt of our letter and your complaint.
- Upon our receipt of the business’ response to your complaint, we will immediately provide a copy to you in writing via mail or email. A letter from the assigned investigator will accompany the business’ reply and describe its response and your options.
- If the business fails to respond to our initial letter, we will send a follow-up letter to the company demanding a response.