Resolve Your Own Complaint
Many complaints can be resolved informally merely by contacting the company involved and notifying them of your complaint.
Here are some important tips to remember:
- Have in mind the specific complaint you want to make to the company, and present it promptly and clearly.
- Offer a reasonable and specific remedy that will resolve your complaint.
- If you are making the complaint in person, be sure to bring any documentation that will support your position and help resolve the complaint.
- When the complaint is made through written correspondence, be sure to include all relevant information, along with suggested remedies. Also, enclose all supporting documentation. However, never send original documents, only copies.
- Be assertive. If you are told by a salesperson or company representative that they cannot deal with your complaint, ask to speak to a supervisor.