Common Health Insurance Issues Facing Arkansas Consumers
- Denials of claims due to pre-existing conditions, non-covered services or services considered not medically necessary.
- Premium increase questions.
- Insurers who fail to process or pay claims.
- Difficulty negotiating the internal or external appeals processes when a claim is denied.
- Questions regarding limited benefit plans and other non-traditional health plans.
Complaints involving health insurance issues should be directed to the Consumer Services Division of the Arkansas Insurance Department, or secondarily, the Attorney General’s Office. The Insurance Department may be reached at (501) 371-2640 or (800) 852-5494 or online at http://insurance.arkansas.gov/consumers/divpage.htm.
Before You File A Complaint
- Know your policy’s guidelines for coverage.
- Follow the appeal procedures available through your insurance plan if you believe a payment decision is in error.
- Report insurers who fail to respond to properly submitted claims for payment.
- Keep copies of Explanations of Benefits (EOBs) and related correspondence.
When it comes to your consumer health care concerns, we’ve got your back, Arkansas.